Brown Butter Roasted Delicata Squash
Celebrate the season with this delicious Brown Butter Roasted Delicata Squash recipe, featuring delicata squash, sage, cranberries and pecans!
1 hour, 30 mins
Total cook time
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 delicata squash, cut into rounds 3/8-inch thick, seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon O Organics® maple syrup
- pinch red pepper flakes or Aleppo pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- sunflower or other neutral oil, for frying sage
- handful of sage leaves
- squeeze of lemon or drizzle balsamic vinegar or balsamic reduction
- 1 cup Open Nature® pecans, toasted and broken into halves or quarters
- 1⁄2 cup O Organics® dried cranberries
Simmer the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat until golden and fragrant, 3-5 minutes.
Place prepared delicata squash in a baking dish, toss with brown butter, maple syrup, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Cover and roast in a 425° oven for 30 minutes, then uncover and cook until golden and tender, 30-45 more minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a film of sunflower oil in a medium skillet, add sage leaves, and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.