Peanut Butter Pup-Cakes
Natural style peanut butter and whole foods like oats, pumpkin and carrots are the foundation of these adorably delicious pup-cakes. One pup-cake is the perfect size treat for a small to medium size dog! Recipe created for O Organics® by Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, Albertsons Companies Wellness Corporate Dietitian.
Total cook time
- 1 cup O Organics® whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats or old fashioned oats
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil (or vegetable oil of choice)
- 1/3 cup O Organics® Old Fashioned Creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons O Organics® honey
- 3 tablespoons O Organics® canned pumpkin (or unsweetened applesauce)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped O Organics® Baby-Cut Carrots (use mini food processor)
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 4 ounces Lucerne® Neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 5 tablespoons O Organics® Old Fashioned Creamy peanut butter, room temperature
Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Coat a mini cupcake pan with cooking spray.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and oats; set aside.
Place the egg, canola oil, peanut butter, honey and pumpkin, in a mixing bowl and beat on low speed until blended.
n low speed, beat in the carrots then the flour and oat mixture. Use a cookie scoop to fill each of the cups with the batter. Bake for 15 minutes.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.