Hot Hummus Pita Flatbread
If you’re trying to eat healthier, we’ve got just the thing! Pass on the pizza and try our Hot Hummus Pita Flatbread. Smother a hummus-slathered pita in veggies like tomatoes, onions and peppers, then add shredded chicken and bake. Top with cucumbers and herbs. Yum!
- 1 whole wheat pita
- 3 tablespoons O Organics® hummus
- 2 cherry tomatoes (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon red onion (sliced)
- 2 mini sweet peppers (sliced)
- 1/3 cup O Organics® chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 2 tablespoons English cucumber (sliced)
- fresh herbs such as basil, dill, or flat-leaf parsley
- Sprinkle of Sea Salt
Preheat oven to 375º.
Place pita on a baking sheet, and spread hummus all over top of the pita, leaving the edges free. Add tomatoes, red onion slices, peppers, and shredded chicken, as if you are topping a pizza. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Remove and top with cucumber and fresh herbs. Slice and enjoy!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.